4 Minute City
Home / Our Services / 4 Minute City
4 Minute City
What is Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) claims the lives of over 350,000 Americans each year, including over 150 of our loved ones right here in Cumberland County, PA
- SCA can happen to people of all ages, including children and teens, and even people who appear to be in good health.
- SCA is the number one cause of death among student-athletes and claims over 9,500 young lives annually.
- Ultimately, survival rates from SCA are very low (~10%) and we want to change that in our community!
Our Solution –
4 Minute City™ Program
- A wealth of data says that early CPR and rapid defibrillation saves lives, and the sooner people receive bystander CPR and a shock from an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), the higher their chances of survival.
- With the 4-Minute City Program, we will be: (1) strategically deploying Avive’s state-of-the-art AED technology and cardiac arrest response platform in an effort to increase bystander intervention, and (2) creating a culture of response through community education to save lives from SCA
What Can You Do?
Now that you know how significant an issue SCA is and how many lives are impacted every day in our community, be ready to help your fellow neighbors in their greatest time of need by learning CPR and how to use an AED.
How to be ready to save a life:
- Click the buttons on the right to either:
- Fill out the form to submit interest for FREE in-person CPR & AED training, OR learn where CPR/AED trainings are occuring in Cumberland County and attend a session
- Watch the brief video on how to save a life from SCA
Together we can empower our community to save lives!
Join the CARE Team
Fill out this quick survey if you are interested in signing up to be a prospective AED host once units become available. Filling out this form does not guarantee we will be able to place an AED with you.
Get CPR Trained!
This short video-based training will teach you the simple steps you need to save a life from SCA in Cumberland County.